BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Minor Setback

OK, here is the skinny on my academy. First day of academy was long enough to qualify for hell week!!! I don't think anyone that hadn't gone through it before could actually prepare for what took place. It was very hard and tiring 10 hours straight Physical Torture!!!! I had a huge set back after the first time through the obstacle course. I felt like I was in a Ninja Warriors episode. About 4 hours into the training I had to jump over a 5 ft log that rolled slightly when you put any weight on it. I fell on my right side and hurt my ribs. I thought I just bruised them or pulled a muscle. I continued for about an hour after that until it came to the obstacle course again. I tried to do the monkey bars and half way through I dropped from ungodly pain. I never felt pain like that in my life. Except of course giving birth to three 10lbs. babies. They pulled me out and had one of the P.T. medics check me out. They wanted me to go by ambulance to the hospital but I wanted to continue. I didn't want to quit and I thought they were going to kick me out. I went to the emergency room on my own had an ex-ray and a C.T. done. The told me I had 2 bruised ribs, a bruised kidney, and a kidney stone. I was never in pain before the fall. I wonder if bruising my kidney broke something loose. I don't know how that works but it would make sense, right? Anyways, I stuck it out for the rest of the week but on restriction of no Physical Training until Monday. I thought something was very wrong with the diagnoses because after I passed my stone the pain never decreased. It has been getting worse every day. The Sargent noticed how much pain I was in on Thursday, even with pain killers. He sent me back to the Doctor. He thought something more had to be wrong too. Sure enough the Doctor had missed a hairline fracture on the underside of my ribs. The doctor told me that he couldn't release me for P.T. until I have healed. So, I went today to talk to my Sargent about it. I was so bummed and cried a lot. He was absolutely cool about it and put me first on the list for the next academy that starts in October. That makes me feel a lot better and not like a looser. He knows I really want this career and I have the guts to do it. At least now I will know more then the other students and will be prepared for the "hell week." I know what to expect now. So that's the skinny, Good and Bad.






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very creative, when people read this it widens our imaginations.

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful with your blog it is very useful to me.

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

The owner of this blog has a strong personality because it reflects to the blog that he/she made.

Anonymous said...

We should have a great day today.

Race Fam said...

I'm so glad they are going to give you another chance! That is great!

The Larson Family said...

I think it has worked out rather well knowing it has been soooo hot lately and in October you'll be in cool weather!!!! It'll be much easier in cooler weather to wear the sweats they want you to wear! That is awesome you're first on the list for October! What a relief!! There is always a reason as to why things happen, even if we don't see or understand the full picture! Hang in there you are still superwoman to me!!!

Race Fam said...

Shelby I know you've been a little busy lately, I mean with your man and all, but I still think you need to update your blog!!!!

The Larson Family said...

DITTO!!!