BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

GI Jane

My Mom and Grandma have always taught me to make lists. Make a list of all the good things in your life, and all the hard things. When you can look back and see that you made it through tough times, you'll see you are blessed. I have always found this advice helpful. I have been through a lot of tough times too many to mention but I will brag about some of my accomplishments/blessings I have had within the last 4 years.

  • Taking back my life
  • My divorce
  • My kids
  • Unconditional love from family and friends
  • My health
  • Getting my GED
  • Taking some College classes
  • Becoming a Notary
  • Rohans surgery being a success
  • My family is Happy again

Having to start from ground zero after the Randy Era. Looking for a job that pays enough to support 3 kids and live in a good neighborhood is hard to find. Ive had a few jobs this last year that gave me high hopes, but they were all temporary. Ive been on the search for a LONG time. I came to the conclusion that a mans job is the only way to go. My nephew Camden used to call me Uncle Shelby so maybe this will fit me too. I applied for Corrections and was called last week to come in on April 12th to go for an interview/ orientation. I'm so excited!!!!! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up yet since it is only the first step towards my goal. I want this sooooo bad. I started run/walking everyday, a little less then 3 miles. I was thinking that 5am was a good time to start so I wouldn't be embarrassed. Boy was I wrong there's a whole secret world of runners that come out when its still dark. Crazy!!!! I hope I can get in shape before the academy starts in May. Wish me luck!!!!

2 comments:

The Larson Family said...

Cool blog! You've got to teach me how to do the cool background now! You're awesome Shelby!! You'll get the job...if not, they missed out!! Good Luck!

Race Fam said...

Sheby, I hope you get that job. That will be so good for you guys! Did you sign up for the 5K. Come on it will be fun!